Business loans

(3 Posts)
Jessie5809 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:27:02

Hi, was wondering if anyone knew what the likelihood was of a stay at home mum getting a small business loan from a bank? My business plan is almost ready and I am about to approach banks for money. I'm worried that they are going to ask questions, of course, about income. I have factored loan repayments into the financial forecast. My husband is employed and we own our own home. However it's my business idea I will be managing it etc.
Has anyone successfully got a loan from the bank without being employed?

Thanks

oscarandolivia Mon 17-Mar-14 18:22:50

www.startuploans.co.uk - check them out , they have many different companies that offer the loan under the startup loan scheme, this should help you get off the ground.

www.rockstargroup.com is a good one to approach , as they will guide in your business plan as well.

Im guessing you don't need a huge amount, but something inside £10k?

My advice is to always start as cost effective as possible and test out your idea before committing more. : )

Hope this helps.

Jessie5809 Mon 17-Mar-14 20:02:21

Thank you oscarandolivia. Very helpful information. Yes, only looking for around £10k. Will take on board your advice. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now