Social media promotion/marketing for new business?

(6 Posts)
Middleagedmum50 Fri 07-Mar-14 14:38:51

Just putting a few feelers out for a friend starting up new kitchen selling business. I know it's imperative to have a good website, use Facebook, Twitter etc but any advice, comments would be very welcome. Many thanks!

MellowMarshmallow Fri 07-Mar-14 19:55:12

Use Facebook to interact with customers- ask their permission first, but take photos or the work and tag them in - this exposes FB page to that person's friends list.

Unless she has a lot of time to spare or experience with social media, it would be better to concentrate on just Facebook - which lends itself to pictures and videos more than Twitter.

MellowMarshmallow Fri 07-Mar-14 19:56:27

Also adding a blog to the website where she posts about jobs she's been on is a good way to get search engine friendly content on her site - title the blog posts something keyword rich like 'Kitchen Refit Town, County'.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 08-Mar-14 07:49:20

Paid £11 for a Facebook ad last week and it was seen by an astonishing 3,500 in 24 hours it increased our page likes by 50% and engaged over 100 people. Compared to traditional advertising it was cheaper I really know not just how many people saw it, but how many were engaged by it and can follow how much business it creates. I will be paying to promote a post again.

MellowMarshmallow Sat 08-Mar-14 08:49:47

wow lonecat. I'd heard from others that it was a good option - your result sound's great. Must incorporate it into my own plans for world domination. grin

Middleagedmum50 Sun 09-Mar-14 18:09:30

Thank you for your responses, will pass on the info. Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now