Inspire us please- sister needs a name for her resturant.

(15 Posts)

good idea = a symbol.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight was thinking back to my earlier post - about The BAR, you could call it BAR 66. Use route 66 in your advertising stuff.

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 28-Feb-14 10:40:36

How about,

more iced tea, vicar?

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 28-Feb-14 10:39:02

Or Sphericalicity. Mine, I tell you, all mine...

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 28-Feb-14 10:38:21

Perhaps just a symbol. Not suggesting you call the place 'symbol'

I rather like 7 degrees, serendipitous, or circularity. But those are all mine, and my super cool secret business plan will be names all 3!

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 28-Feb-14 10:37:05

Still don't get Hamptons confused

Something short, all lower case, and with a hidden door should be cool enough. Reservation only, but unlisted number. Perhaps justa. Symbol.

biscuit ? Or wine?

Why not look at what other cafe/restaurants are calling theirs. Which ones are catchy? I thought of this ---- but I should be studying….

Am not sure if you serve drinks though?

Take the B from British and the A from American and R from Restaurant and you have: THE BAR - The British American Restaurant.

BusinessUnusual Tue 25-Feb-14 23:32:14

Jitney?

Sedona?

Gramercy?

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Fri 21-Feb-14 20:07:07

Yes it is on London borders- and I'm an Essex girl but had to google that. Think on reflection we might avoid that name then.
grin

Geoff0409 Fri 21-Feb-14 19:59:12

Please, please, please DO NOT call it Hamptons if it is anywhere near London. It is cockney rhyming slang and a rude one at that.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Fri 21-Feb-14 19:49:24

Thank you comms I can literally hear your brain whirring grin I really like New England as well. Much as I love a themed diner, I think she's focusing on a modern transaslantic twist.

CommsWhizz Fri 21-Feb-14 19:39:30

Well, I tend to steer clear of anything that sounds too 'themed' if you know what I mean? Love the idea of a diner, but not if it was themed to every last details, like rollerskating waitresses with pointy boobs and coke floats on a tray.

As for the name, would your sister's first or surname work as these can sound great with the right name. Or maybe something around an American city, or an iconic landmark? Having said that, Route 66 or Liberty instantly makes me think of a 1980s nightclub, so maybe avoid them.

How about Stateside? Or take a word that makes you think of America, like Hamptons? Or if it's fusion of British and American, how about Transatlantic? Or doing something numerically like work out the shortest time difference or the mileage between UK and USA.

Ooh, or Little Apple. Or New England? Oooh, I like that one.

Hmmm, I've just spent 10 mins doing this instead of working on stuff for a client urgently. Oooops. For what it's worth I like New England (blend of the two without sounding naff) and Hamptons (has a USA feel but short and classic).

Good luck!

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Thu 20-Feb-14 21:50:34

Ooo I like both of those, thanks. Keep em coming

Geoff0409 Thu 20-Feb-14 18:04:28

NYLON is a brilliant name Hoppinggreen!

Is it modern looking or sort of 50's style decor? I love the old fashioned diners that look like they're from Grease or Happy Days. Let us know and I'll try and think of a name - there is a Diner going towards London called "Starvin' Marvin's" which I have never forgotten.

Hoppinggreen Thu 20-Feb-14 14:00:10

NYLON?
New York , London)

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Thu 20-Feb-14 09:20:45

I think she would like a name without the words cafe/resturant/diner in it. The food is British:American. It has a youngish demographic. The road name is pretty dull. I have no imagination with things like this.
Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now