Self employed bookkeeper

(2 Posts)
Googleplexmania Sat 15-Feb-14 15:46:28

Hi there. I could do with some advice please.

I've just retrained as a bookkeeper and had my first enquiry. I like the people involved and their ethos. They need me on board to do a small amount if bookkeeping. From what I can see the business is small - 2 directors and one company secretary. Client invoicing is minimal, 3 or 4 invoices per month. Minimal expenses and bank reconciliation. Payroll for 3 staff and ensuring their corporation tax is met.

They like me and want to use me and have asked me to quite formally for my services. The problem being is this is my first client and I have no idea really how many hours work their set up will need from me. They are bang upto date on accounts to date, just need me to take over to free up client time for them.

Is there anyone else here that dies similar and can guide me as to what to quote?

Thankyou.

traceyg08 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:05:01

Hi! I have recently left my job as an accountant to become a self-employed bookkeeper. I have found business forums the best place to search for this kind of information, The Bookkeepers Network and UK Business Forums are the two I have used the most. I have been aiming between £15 to £20 per hour. If you work out what kind of annual salary you think you should be earning for your qualification/experience you can divide this by 260 (no. of working days a year) then by 7.5 (working hrs a day) to get your hourly rate.
Well done on finding your first client! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now