advice on becoming an employer?

(3 Posts)
Hattie11 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:44:43

I'm in the process of setting up my own cleaning business. Plan to initially employ one member of staff with a view to that increasing overtime. I eventually plan to have an accountant organise the payroll. But initially I don't think its an expenditure the business can afford.
Is it possible for someone with no experience to manage PAYE and advising tax office etc. Can u recommend software? Or point me to any useful websites. Thank you.

AmIatwat Sat 08-Feb-14 13:20:06

Chamber of commerce. Go to the local job centre or visit DIRECT.GOV.
See if there are any courses going free too. It is imperative you do all your homework, research spread sheets etc.

traceyg08 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:10:13

Hi Hattie,

HMRC have their own software you can download for free, it can be used for up to 9 employees. It can be a little confusing at first but once you get used to it it's quite simple to follow.
I would contact HMRC about any queries you have, you might have to wait a while for them to answer but their advice is free and you can be sure it's correct.
You might want to consider using a bookkeeper rather than an accountant, they can do payroll too and will charge less smile

Tracey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now