Best way to advertise a oven and carpet cleaning business

(13 Posts)
cedar12 Tue 28-Jan-14 19:57:09

Hi
My husband has just started up a oven and carpet cleaning business. Started yesterday!
we have a website and face book page. Website is now coming up when you search oven cleaning and our area. We have also registered with yell.com and Thompson local. We have done a leaflet drop 4000 already dropped another 2000 to go. We have had a better response from leaflets we have dropped our selves, I wonder whether the leaflet distributer dumped some!
We have had 8 bookings from leaflets.
He has 2 1/2 weeks of work booked so far mostly from Facebook and word of mouth and the 8 from leaflets.
Not sure what is best to do next, he has check a trade coming over friday for a chat but it so expensive! £625 for the year.
I am trying to design another leaflet at the moment but we will deliver ourself this time. Any advise would be great. Thank you

ArtemisCake Tue 28-Jan-14 20:00:23

Depending on your local community, but parish magazines for local churches can be good and with quite cheap adverts.

Hi, good luck with your new business. I recently went on a Google+ course and it's very helpful for keeping your profile nice and high on Google. If you don't know it it's a bit like Facebook.

I would recommend blogging (on Facebook maybe) and getting people to Like your posts, ditto on Twitter as this spreads the word about your business. How about some special offers for the first so many to make an enquiry? Or the chance to win something if you have your carpets and oven done together?

Are you in a studenty area? You could offer and end of tenancy service - oven and carpets done for a fixed price.
Also, if you're in Northumberland let me know - I need my carpets doing!

Also, check if your local council run any marketing courses. In our area if you're a new business you get 7 days of free courses, which include marketing, social media and finance.

SilverViking Tue 28-Jan-14 20:26:46

If the business hours to generate repeat business, then special offers targeted at local schools, scouts, our other local clubs (maybe offer donation to their funds for all families that take up the service), community newsletters, stall at local shopping centre, pensioner discount, A4 letter in local shops /post office with tear off strips with a contact no.

cedar12 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:33:52

Thanks everyone great ideas. What do you think of checkatrade? would you check them?

cedar12 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:38:35

end of tenancy cleaning great idea. We near a big student area. Do you think they would would just want ovens and carpets or would they want everything else cleaned aswell?

cedar12 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:43:50

Jon snow we are down south so a bit far to Northumberland!

Mama1980 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:54:23

I wouldn't check checkatrade, I have never heard of them. blush
Notice in the local post office, parish magazine and leaflet drops are the best ways around here - one of my brothers runs a handyman business.
And word of mouth of course, once he had done 10-15 great jobs he found the orders really started to pick up as people recommended him.

trinity0097 Sun 09-Feb-14 17:37:13

I wouldn't use check a trade for something like oven cleaning, more for building work, plumbers etc....

We often have a flyer up in our staff room at work, they do a special rate for oven cleaning for teachers in the school holidays.

Hattie11 Sun 09-Feb-14 21:42:11

cedar12 do you cover kent at all? north kent/south east london.

FrannyPants80 Sat 14-Jun-14 18:40:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now