I want to start my own business. I have quite a lot of cash and no idea what to do!

(52 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sat 30-Nov-13 13:33:54

Qualifications I have are degrees, criminology and midwifery. I also have a massage qualification but never worked as a masseur. Did a years training and exam and that's it.

Interests, cycling, yoga (am really crap at it, can't touch my toes), reading, dogs.

Stuff I've done in the past; shop work, office work, farm work, clearing blocked sewers, been a midwife.

Vague ideas I have,

Set up a coffee shop. Worried it would go bust as I see ones opening and closing all the time. Plus I'd have to be at work six days a week 9-5. I'd maybe like something more flexible??

Setting up a dog walking business. Am worried it wouldn't make enough money although my mum knows someone (not in my area) who's done this and is having to take on staff as she's doing so well.

Getting a reflexology qualification and a nail technician qualification and setting my own business up. Again worried there's a lot of people doing this so would it take off?

Buying a jetter, van and some rods and set up a sewer unblocking company. Really not sure, money can be good but its hard, physical work and you spend all day covered in shit.

I've got about 120k cash.

Any thoughts?

smartfuture Mon 14-Apr-14 23:54:20

Only just seen your thread and wondered if you'd decided on anything yet?
If not, if I could show you a fanatic business idea with minimal start up cost, that's flexible around family and other commitments and that doesn't take too much of your time, would you take a quick look at it and let me know what you think?

Shallishanti Mon 12-May-14 18:07:09

OP, did you decide on anything? why did you want to leave mw if you don't mind me asking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now