I've only gone and bloody done it!

(17 Posts)
Fcukfifa Fri 09-May-14 13:34:02

Hi just wondering how things worked out for you? Did your shop pick up?

Panadbois Tue 11-Mar-14 17:25:24

Chippin - was it you that said I was barking mad? Why oh why did I not listen to you!?

Things are really really slow. I'm so fed up and disheartened. I didn't open my till today only to put float in and then out again at the end of the day.

People tell me it will pick up, but unfortunately I can't afford to wait until then. Even if things do pick during Easter, I know I can't survive realistically on a seasonal trade.

So, I have ten weeks left on my contract to decide if I want to renew it (and start paying rent)

Bugger bugger fuck fuck. I so wanted it to work. Everyone who comes in like what I have and love the boutique feel, but they don't all buy. I have nearly 500 likers on my FB page but where are they all.

My gut says I have to give it up and find a proper job, but my ego says no.
My heart says it'll pick up but my head says you need a second income now.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sat 14-Dec-13 14:56:47

How has this past fortnight gone??

workfromhomemum1 Wed 11-Dec-13 18:36:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Panadbois Sun 01-Dec-13 18:58:20

I have put party dresses in the window and I have Christmas bibs and some crafty bits too.
I've never looked at the MN local, thanks for the tipsmile

mrscog Sun 01-Dec-13 08:27:31

Well done you! Have you got in touch with your Mumsnet Local Editor? You can get your shop listed in the free listings and I'm sure your LE will promote you on their social media channels smile

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sat 30-Nov-13 21:52:32

Have you got lots of Christmas Stock in?

Panadbois Sat 30-Nov-13 16:35:25

Thanks all. Today was a crap day! I was warned it was dead on a Saturday, but thought I'd go ahead as DH was home to look after LO.

Santa is coming to town next Saturday so hopefully I'll have more customers.

My rent should not be higher than £50 a week and rates should be low too. (Non to pay until at least March 2014) Hopefully after six months I will know if it's a viable business or not.

pickledsiblings Sat 30-Nov-13 10:28:40

Best of luck with it OP.

m0nkeynuts Sat 30-Nov-13 10:24:15

Fab! I used to have a preloved baby & kids clothes website years and years ago and would have LOVED a bricks & mortar shop. You are living my dream!

Hope the rent after the £1 period is going to be manageable too! Great to have the opportunity to test the water.

FortyFacedFuckers Sat 30-Nov-13 00:15:48

Good luck, if it's near me I would love to pop in. Please post/PM location if you can.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sat 30-Nov-13 00:13:00

I remember your thread - I sent you a PM smile

I'm excited for you - even though I think you are barking grin

Great score with the rent!

Let us know how you get on!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 29-Nov-13 23:58:04

Well done! xx

Solo Fri 29-Nov-13 19:23:17

Good for you! and good luck! wish I could do it smile

Panadbois Fri 29-Nov-13 18:56:27

It's a preloved kids clothes shop, also selling local crafts as gifts.

Did all my research on MN grin and went for it despite it

My first taste of owning a shop and running a business, but I live in an area which means getting loads of help (like renting a wonderful shop for £1 for six month)

I have absolutely no experience, but wanted to give it a go, so here I am!

m0nkeynuts Fri 29-Nov-13 18:00:56

Oh that's EXCITING!! Congratulations!

Tell me about your shop!

Panadbois Fri 29-Nov-13 16:12:55

I opened my shop Monday! Made a good start, and I'm finding my feet slowly, but it's still very scary early days.

I have a contract for six months, for a rent of £1 (I know!!!) so I can test the waters.

Have I said already that it's scary?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now