accepting credit card payments on web site

(5 Posts)
stilldazed Tue 26-Nov-13 18:54:50

Is there a plug in type of software or something that does this?

anyone with any experiencee?

Thanks

Mogz Tue 26-Nov-13 23:17:06

At work we set up a Sage Pay account and got our web developers to build an e commerce part to our site so we could have a functioning shop. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it without getting the code monkeys to do it all for me! The nearest I can think of is using a PayPal account to generate code for a request money button that you embed on the page, but that really only works for single item transactions and I don't think you'd have as much control over the payments, receipts and so on.

Kleptronic Tue 26-Nov-13 23:36:29

I haven't used it, but you could look at Shopify

m0nkeynuts Wed 27-Nov-13 09:55:58

As mentioned, you can take credit/debit cards with the likes of Paypal or Stripe. Worldpay is also popular, as is Sagepay.

How to integrate it depends on the e-commerce system you're using and what you need it to do - i.e. do you need it just to allow the customer to pay, or do you want it to talk back to your website to update stock inventory, order status etc. after a sale.

If you're using something out-of-the-box like Magento or OpenCart, there'll be an extension/add-on to install for each provider you want to use (some cost ££).

workfromhomemum1 Wed 11-Dec-13 18:39:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now