I want somebody to create me a naice new website. How much?

(12 Posts)
FaddyPeony Tue 12-Nov-13 11:10:49

I am moderately tech competent and can learn stuff if I have to, but as a once-off would like to just hand over responsibility to a professional who can design me something beautiful. (I'd be OK with updating stuff on my own though once the website is there.)

Can somebody talk me through the basics - recommendations (with links if possible), and how much I should expect to pay? I do know a few people who could do this for me at a reduced fee or for free, but in my experience it is better to not get friends and family involved in projects of this sort.

Thanks so much.

FaddyPeony Tue 12-Nov-13 12:26:43

bump

Sorry, I know there are loads of threads about websites. Would just love to hear from anyone in the know or anyone who's recently had a good experience.

TIA

mazzocchi76 Tue 12-Nov-13 13:09:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

makeusawebsite Wed 13-Nov-13 17:10:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Talkinpeace Wed 13-Nov-13 23:08:18

I use Simon at UKSiteBuilder

FusionMedia Thu 14-Nov-13 17:59:53

Talkinpeace Thu 14-Nov-13 19:59:06

Hmmm, Simon charged me a lot less than that. And he's been in business for a while.
TBH I do all the text edits, he just did the boring stuff like making the HTML and CSS actually work
and I run my own FB / twitter / Linkedin because I know what I want and don't want (and I'm too tight to pay somebody else to do it all!)

FaddyPeony Fri 15-Nov-13 08:14:43

Hi all, sorry for the late reply to this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted and for the recommendations. Yep hadn't budgeted for as much as 1500. I'm going to bite the bullet and do some in-depth research on all this this weekend - figure out exactly what I do and don't need. smile

FusionMedia Fri 15-Nov-13 08:57:11

Good luck with everything!

mmspark Sat 16-Nov-13 06:30:02

Hello, you can get a basic (but professional looking and fully functional) 6 page Wordpress site for 497 and I'll show you how to manage it yourself (because what's the point of having a website you can't manage!)

Happy to chat - or give advice if you're looking at options. I know there's a lot to think about!

prelovedbugz Sat 16-Nov-13 09:05:20

sjyouthed Wed 04-Dec-13 12:31:33

I use create.com and pay £10 a month and £10 every 2 years for my domain. I recommend it, simple and effective smile Currently in the process of mine.

www.maddisonsaccessories.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now