Make up and Nails, pamper parties

(4 Posts)
Thetallestsunflower Mon 11-Nov-13 21:22:43

Hi there
I am currently studying fashion and photgraphic make up at night school and am also about to undertake manicure, pedicure and nail art courses with a private training agency.
I am looking to start up a small mobile business initially doing make up (bridal, prom, night out make up lessons) and manicure, pedicure, nail art. I am hoping if it takes off I will then be able to comeplete more courses with the training agency (e.g. crystal pedicure, sculpted brows) and expand things.
I have also been thinking about offering a pamper party option -predominantly aimed at children aged 5-12.
I was just looking for some input from anyone who had had these types of parties for their children:
-what type of format do they take and what facilities do the party providers usually bring to the party.
I have lots of ideas on how to market the busniess and quite a lot of contacts and scope for networking. I am also aware of the need for insurance and CRB. It is the initial start up and format I am unsure of.
Any tips would be welcome as would suggestions for a name...
TIA

Holistictherapies Thu 14-Nov-13 13:08:54

Hi thetallest!
I am a qualified beauty therapist and massage therapist and I think your ideas sound great!
I think there's lots of money in make-up especially weddings! (The only annoying thing is you don't get lots of repeat business - unless she divorces lol)

Another thing that may appeal to you is selling.
I am a NYR Organic Independent Consultant (Neal's Yard Remedies) and you can work the hours you want.

You get 25% off all your products which is great when doing make-up and treatments etc.

Also you get free training learning everything from product knowledge to how to do mini facials and hand and arm massages.

Please feel free to PM me for any info (I can send you some samples to you if you wish!)

smile

CraziMummie Sun 17-Nov-13 08:15:57

Hi Op! Your idea sounds great!

Can i ask where abouts in the country you are? Only reason i ask is im a photographer who does 'pamper parties' for children. (Only the photos not the makeup part) but looking for people to potentially work along side so the clients get 'best of both worlds'

Thetallestsunflower Sun 17-Nov-13 21:37:55

Hi There-I am in Merseyside x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now