Free business email... Is this possible?

(5 Posts)
Curioustiger Sun 10-Nov-13 15:27:17

Hello all, I have registered a domain name with LCN (both.com and .co.uk). A friend is setting up and hosting my website on heroku. I would like to set up some business email addresses eg first name.lastname@[my domain name].com. Is it possible to get free business email addresses, using my own domain name? My friend said google used to do it within google apps, but now charge. Any other free alternatives or payable recommended providers?

m2mmlistings Wed 13-Nov-13 00:16:18

Yes. Set up a gmail address (any address will do) Then go into your hosting and set up an email forwarder (NOT a mailbox) diverting name@yourdomain email address to the new gmail. Then go back into gmail settings and configure the 'send from' address in gmail settings so that it sends from the 'name@yourdomain' email address.
With my hosting and most others I looked at this is free for an umlimited number of email addresses but you will need your friend to give you access to the control panel of the hosting or set up the forward for you

Curioustiger Wed 13-Nov-13 22:06:13

Thank you so much, I will try that!

mmspark Sat 16-Nov-13 06:32:01

Hi, gmail do charge but it's only £3 per month (or something similar) and much easier to set up and control. Just saying!

m2mmlistings Sat 04-Jan-14 22:42:24

Sorry- just seen this. Just to clarify- I meant a free (ordinary) gmail address, not the business email they charge for. I have about 50 emails set up and diverted this way.... all 100% free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now