Any recommendations for a good website creation package?

(14 Posts)
radiatormesh Sat 09-Nov-13 18:35:13

I have no idea where to even begin.

Can anyone recommend a book/idiots-guide to?? I need to create a website for my new business.

Thanks.

Mogz Sun 10-Nov-13 05:04:20

Do you want a page builder or do you have coding knowledge?
If you've got the budget it's best to employer a designer and builder to achieve a professional and polished look.

milktraylady Sun 10-Nov-13 06:06:08

If you use www.heartinternet.com then your web page will come up in google search results.
If you use vista print etc it won't!

Not many people know this, but as I imagine you want to be found on google something to think about.

milktraylady Sun 10-Nov-13 06:08:04

And if its a simple site you are after heart have templates & wizard thing you can use, you don't need to read a book on it.

And if its a well fancy one you need, then yes get a professional to do it.

m0nkeynuts Sun 10-Nov-13 12:47:15

As others have said, it does depend largely on what you need your website to do.

If you have any budget at all, I'd suggest getting some help from a designer/developer to get you started at least. The benefits of having someone who knows what they're doing guiding you will far outweigh the perceived savings of doing it yourself, given how much time you'll spend researching and learning how it all works.

VelvetStrider Sun 10-Nov-13 12:50:50

Weebly is really easy to use and their support system is good. It depends what you want the website to do really, and how tech-savvy you are.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sun 10-Nov-13 13:08:36

Another vote for hiring a professional if you have the budget.

Mogz Sun 10-Nov-13 13:14:35

Oh and make sure you buy your domain name now before you kick off with everything else, the amount of people I've dealt with who just assume they can use anything they want without checking what is avaliable boggles my mind!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 10-Nov-13 13:20:25

NetObjectsFusion is pretty easy to use, and you can create a proper website pretty well

Alternatively lots of people use WordPress.

If you are moderately tech competent do it yourself. That way you have complete flexibility and control, and can update whenever you want.

Sahmof3 Mon 11-Nov-13 21:41:43

The Really, Really, Really Easy Step-by-step Guide to Building Your Own Website by Gavin Hoole and Cheryl Smith. You should be able to find it in your local library. Even idiots like me can understand it!

mazzocchi76 Tue 12-Nov-13 13:12:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FusionMedia Thu 14-Nov-13 18:23:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mmspark Sat 16-Nov-13 06:35:41

whyno Sat 16-Nov-13 06:42:35

Weebly, webs or yola will give you a lovely website with no skill needed. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now