How difficult do you find it organising birthdays parties?

(12 Posts)
Sush123 Thu 31-Oct-13 21:25:46

How difficult do you find it organising birthdays parties for 4+ olds?

Wouldn't it be great if the organising could be done by someone else - without paying shed loads of money?

How easy is it to find someone that could do this at a reasonable cost?

What are the essentials? Venue, Food, keeping them occupied & engaged -entertainer?

What's the budget?

Please shout

Thanks!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 31-Oct-13 21:29:22

It's not hard. It can get expensive, so having someone else to organise everything for you would only make it even more expensive and therefore wouldn't be something that I would consider.

Llareggub Thu 31-Oct-13 21:29:54

Not difficult at all. All the venues I know charge a price per head and you turn up and pay. Job done.

BrianTheMole Thu 31-Oct-13 21:34:05

I did look into myself once, but it was vastly overpriced for poor quality food, so I did it myself for less. It was worth the stress, although its really not that hard. Book a hall, book an entertainer,hand out invites and make some food. Job done.

Onesleeptillwembley Thu 31-Oct-13 21:34:26

The only way for this to work would be top line functions, sorry.

Rosa Thu 31-Oct-13 21:34:34

Easy ,decide on the location, decide on an entertainer or whatever, we always invite the whole class plus friends , not really sure how many coming. Use supermarket points for the extra food and then if needed get relations to help preparation. Lug it all to venue, decorate venue , have party , lug the rest home and drink wine.
I have been asked to help cater for other parties as I find it quite easy and fun!

morethanpotatoprints Thu 31-Oct-13 21:42:56

I think offering a service at the top end of market would be the best bet as most parents are capable of doing it for themselves.
I used to do this as an addition to the entertainment I provided at dcs parties, it was only as a usp, it didn't pay anything on its own.
Now if you included adult parties and provided different contractors whom you gained a percentage from for booking fee, well you could have a business that makes you millions. Thinking tailor made package.
Then have a dc of your own and give it all up to be a sahm grin
Ah, happy memories.
Will be happy to help if I can OP, if you want to pm for ideas.

Banono Thu 31-Oct-13 21:47:08

Not hard at all, had 5yr old DD last week here at home.
28 kids, fed, fun, frolicked!

Party bags were about the only thing that was DEMANDED smile
Otherwise, they're kids, they have a fun button that's pretty easy to find without spending shed loads.

Sush123 Thu 31-Oct-13 22:02:23

Wow! Interesting. Thank you all for the responses so far

I agree about it being expensive and poor quality food - I've found the same. But, the time element is the most expensive for us, as we both work and it would be great to pay a bit more (but not silly money) to take the 'stress' away and just have the key bits organised by someone;

Food options

Organising entertainer

Finding a venue

Choice of party bags/gifts

Doing Invite and Thank you cards

What do you think is a reasonable cost per head for this?

BrianTheMole Thu 31-Oct-13 22:15:31

Don't know really. But for me, I already know the venues I would want to use, cost, distance, size of hall, parking etc. so i wouldn't pay someone for that. And entertainers I'm a bit fussy about as well, having sat through 23566433 parties already. Party bags, maybe, but I wouldn't want to pay more than £2 each for them. And doing them yourself means you get better quality for less. Food, don't know, I spent about £50 on food for 35 kids. And it was pretty good food. I can't see how you could do good food for a price people want to pay. Maybe you should aim yourself at wedding entertainment for kids in a separate room. With people to supervise. I would have paid more for that to reduce stress.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 01-Nov-13 10:01:25

I find it petty easy, normally make themed food and cake myself and even organise the games and stuff. Most kids are happy with a fun couple of games that involve shouting and running around and lots of prizes!

Think there would be a market in creating a website which had party games and craft ideas on and get revenue through advertising as I don't think organising a kids party is tricky enough to require paying a middle man to do it for you.

PatriciaHolm Mon 04-Nov-13 11:14:45

I wouldn't pay for that, as the input I would want to have in deciding would negate the whole point of getting someone to do it! i can't imagine many people wanting to bother - kids parties really aren't hard, and if you don't want to do a lot of organising yourself there are lots of play places that will do it. And surely the child does the thank you cards?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now