Public Speaking Coach - Weddings

(3 Posts)
jewels2012 Mon 28-Oct-13 16:25:14

I originally trained as an Actress at Drama School and after having my daughter , i have constantly thought about what i could do next .

I've thought about becoming a public speaking coach for some time now but want to find a niche and thought of Weddings.

In short. i would help the (bride/groom/father of bride etc) prepare and rehearse their speech ... A speech developed by both the client and myself . Also, help build their confidence too and try different exercises for them to overcome this.
I wouldnt just offer bog standard speeches but would also make them quirky and fun too , as well as toughing and meaning full .
I would offer them 3/4 week package ... I would of course make this affordable as there wouldnt be any overheads to worry about as i would conduct the rehearsals from either their home or mine .. so i guess petrol really .

Do you think that this is a service worth offering ?

Curioustiger Thu 31-Oct-13 08:41:28

I think this is an existing service in London as I am sure I overheard a coach prepping a best man in a cafe about a year ago. That's not to say there's no room for you too though. How would you find your customers? It feels like a business where your main overhead would be a website...? So low risk for you in terms of start up capital.

twentyten Fri 01-Nov-13 18:20:35

A good idea- could you partner with any other wedding services/ venues?
A simple website- include a video clip of you doing it well!! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now