Business Start Up - Opinion needed on the name

(12 Posts)
PROMPRINCESS Mon 28-Oct-13 13:11:53

Hi,

I'm starting a new café and play business in a city centre. We've been stuck trying to think of a good name.

We've settled on Café Au Play & wondered what peoples opinion was.

What kind of impression does it make?
Do you like it?

The other front runner was Piccolo Play Café.

Does anyone else have any ideas.

I'd appreciate any feedback

Thanks

I LOVE café au play! Very clever, concise and "does exactly what it says on the tin"

I don't like Piccolo Play Café - it's a bit too "forgettable" - whereas CAP I think will stick in peoples minds

HTH and good luck!

Ticks84 Tue 29-Oct-13 09:24:04

I love cafe au play it's a great play on words. Not sure where you are but I think there is already a child's cafe in London called piccolo

Curioustiger Wed 30-Oct-13 06:55:43

Cafe au play is lovely ... My only concern would be people misspelling it which might be a problem in web search (won't matter for people walking by though). For example hearing it as cafe o play.

jackiefrost Wed 30-Oct-13 21:35:32

I've been researching this as a business venture myself today! Cafe au play is good, definitely memorable.

How far down the line are you, have you got a premises? Very interested to know how you're getting on!

makeusawebsite Thu 31-Oct-13 17:11:38

I personally think that people go to play-areas dependant on how good it is as a play area.... the cafe side of it is secondary. If your kids aren't playing it ain't much fun sitting drinking coffee.

I'd focus more on the PLAY and less on the CAFE.... if I think of the 3 most popular and established ones in our area, none of them mention cafe/good but all do it.

zumo Sat 02-Nov-13 20:42:09

Sorry just don't get it or like it, I don't know any French so had to get the other half to explain so it was lost on me.
For a good Café I would use a Touch of decadence, we had this in Liverpool and it was excellent but now long gone.
Cant think how best to name it
What about Work, rest and play?

TiggyD Tue 05-Nov-13 09:35:18

I like the "Play Café" bit of the other idea. It rhymes and isn't in a foreign language. Nothing wrong with a bit of French, but it's not as inclusive as using just English.

(And yes, I do know Café is French, but it's in common usage here now.)

helzapoppin2 Wed 06-Nov-13 09:07:57

Love it! Concise and witty!

SarahKCK Thu 07-Nov-13 18:47:47

I really like cafe au play, excellent name, best of luck!

Sahmof3 Mon 11-Nov-13 21:44:14

Cafe au Play is a great name. Good luck with it all!

HogFucker Wed 13-Nov-13 13:35:33

Have a google though - I just did and there is [was?] already a London based one and there are possibly more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now