Selling on facebook

(10 Posts)
Lyn13 Wed 23-Oct-13 10:15:24

Hi im looking for help with naming a facebook page to sell on i want to sell jewellery, make up and maybe a couple of craft items i have made too so cant think of a name to use as not sure which i want to sell until i try all those things, any name ideas?

ICameOnTheJitney Wed 23-Oct-13 15:12:33

Well what's the style of the things you will be selling? Are they traditional? Vintage style? Modern and fashionable? You need to tell us a bit more...if they're handcrafted that's another thing altogether.

I buy things on FB often and when I want a specific thing I will often type "Handmade Bags in Warrington" into the search box for example....so names that include your area might be good.

Lyn13 Thu 24-Oct-13 09:36:50

ive decided I will keep to the make up and Jewellery side, just need to decide on a name for my facebook page, also can it just be on a normal facebook page as want to be able to search and advertise on buy and sell pages, any name ideas would be great x

Lyn13 Fri 25-Oct-13 18:38:41

Anyone?

m0nkeynuts Fri 25-Oct-13 20:05:35

Are you still looking for name ideas? If so, as ICameOnTheJitney said we need a bit more info about your jewellery style etc. What makes it uniquely yours?

Regarding the FB page itself, once you set your page up you can press a button on it to use Facebook AS the page instead of as your personal profile. When you are doing that, any comments you leave on other pages (e.g. buy & sell pages) will show as being left by your page (rather than by your personal profile).

Does that make sense, and does it answer your question?

Lyn13 Fri 25-Oct-13 20:26:45

Thanks yes still trying to think of name ideas its just silver costume jewellery that i buy wholesale and different brands of make up nothing expersive

ICameOnTheJitney Fri 25-Oct-13 20:56:22

What's your angle though? Is it that it's cheap and cheerful or gorgeous and feminine? Is it hip or classic stuff? There's no such thing as "just silver costume jewelry" to be honest...

Lyn13 Sat 26-Oct-13 00:09:07

Sorry its more cheap everyday fashion items

m0nkeynuts Sat 26-Oct-13 10:06:12

Have a look at this PDF, OP. It's about defining your brand and ends with an exercise on choosing your name.

If you can share with us your thoughts about your brand (and particularly your thoughts from the final exercise), we might get a better feel for what makes your business special and will therefore be able to suggest appropriate names. Or you might even have some more ideas of your own after reading through the PDF.

A quick extract about brand identity:

"• The three things you want people to know about your business:
- What you offer
- Who you serve
- How you’re best at what you do

• Your point of difference (how you serve your target market differently and better than
all other options)
• Your business promise that will be upheld through all brand experiences
• Your brand character or personality that will be communicated through the mood and tone projected in all brand expressions."

mmspark Sat 16-Nov-13 06:41:02

Hi, great advice from MonkeyNuts and I would keep your keywords in mind. What will your ideal clients be searching for on social media? If you're targetting young 18-25 girls then they will use different search terms than 40 year old professional women.

If you can afford it you can use FB Ads (set a low budget per day, even $1 per day will work) to drive targetted traffic to your page.

And please make sure you're building a mailing list so you can communicate directly with your customers/potential customers. That will make a massive impact on your income in the long run. Much more than what you name your Facebook page! Good luck, it sounds exciting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now