Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

Furniture business

(5 Posts)
Lyn13 Fri 18-Oct-13 19:25:23

Hi everyone, i was just looking for some help or ideas, i have always been interested in upcycling furniture like shabby chic idea, I have done a few of my own items but never sure where to look for other furniture to buy and paint and sell on? any ideas would be great.

bubalou Fri 18-Oct-13 21:30:32

Hi, this sounds like a great idea. You can try the obvious such as boot sales etc. If I have furniture to get rid of I always put it on my Facebook - the same can be done to ask if anyone has any unwanted / cheap furniture.

Also keep an eye out in local papers / supermarket notice boards and things like eBay, preloved and gumtree etc.

Good luck wink

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 19-Oct-13 19:47:45

There are a TONNE of people doing this on my Facebook....maybe it's the area I live in (Cheshire) but the market here is saturated. Look on FB for a start...

Lyn13 Tue 22-Oct-13 11:03:10

Yeah thats what puts me off there seems to be more and more people doing it now

Panadbois Tue 22-Oct-13 18:30:29

We have a few enterprise place here who support adults with learning disabilities. I have found bargains here which would leave a margin for profit after upcycling.

How about going to auctions?

When I wanted a coat and hat hall stand, I copied the image I wanted and posted on local FB pages and I had a great response, with plenty to pick and choose from smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now