Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

Help! Ideas needed! Pleeaaasssseee!

(14 Posts)
Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:02:45

Hello
I've recently started making personalised jute bags, the ones with people painted on them. I set up my Facebook page in July and that's not going too bad, I've had a few orders and everyone has been really happy with them. I also put them on eBay but I have only sold 1 on there. Does anyone have any ideas as to where else I could advertise my bags ? Xx

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:05:26

Can you have a stall at a craft fair and take orders? Have a digital camera handy maybe?

Could you send one to a fashion blogger like they did in the Cambridge Stachels advert?

[sucker]

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:10:33

I had thought of this but wasn't sure if its something people would want to do. I don't take payment until the bag is complete and ready for postage/ collection so that shouldn't put people off. Do you think people would pre order from a craft fair ? I'd definately give it a go smile thanks smile x

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:11:49

Ooh that idea had never crossed my mind ! I am doing one for a charity event but I will look into doing that smile thank you smile xx

Cheddars Tue 03-Sep-13 00:14:58

Your local cafes/shops might be interested in displaying them. Especially if they got some kind of commission for it.

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:16:50

It would be good if your stall had something else to sell there and then too - could you team up with a crafty friend and share the cost and custom?

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:17:03

That's another I hadn't thought of, although I wouldn't be able to offer much commission as I don't make a great deal on each bag at the moment smile thank you for your help xx

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:18:17

Or bags with other things painted on, patterns etc

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:18:53

Ive just made a fairy door for my children and some novelty shaped crayons so I suppose I could make some more of those for a stall ? smile

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:20:14

What kind of patterns do you think people would like to see ? I was thinking about halloween bags, Xmas bags .... Xx

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:28:08

Um, I like flowers and stars smile

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:28:58

But maybe popular pets like dogs and horses?

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 13:25:59

Thank you so much for your help! Ill be having a hi at these ideas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now