Anyone used 1&1 internet for their website?

(11 Posts)
DipMeInChocolate Sat 10-Aug-13 18:00:22

Considering using them for a new venture of DHs. Has anyone got good/bad experiences with them or recommend another website package company?

GemmaTeller Sat 10-Aug-13 21:44:18

I tried the free month but had problems when I tried to integrate a shop onto the website.

I have my websites with create.net

JumpingJackSprat Sat 10-Aug-13 21:47:43

DO NOT DO IT! anyone but them they are bloody horrendous when it comes to billing and twice they have had debt collectors onto me when it was their error. the only way they accept payment is via their internet site - no direct debit, bacs or even cheques so when their system fucked up they still said they couldnt accept any other form of payment. Their customer services are terrible. i cant stress enough dont do it.

TheFallenNinja Sat 10-Aug-13 21:50:27

Yes, in hindsight I should have thrown myself off a tall building instead.

They are disgusting bottom feeders, extremely aggressive and their hosting platform is shit.

TheFallenNinja Sat 10-Aug-13 21:50:53

What kind of site are you looking to have?

TheFallenNinja Sat 10-Aug-13 21:52:14

I now use and recommend squarespace.

www.squarespace.com/tour/businesses/

DipMeInChocolate Sun 11-Aug-13 07:51:19

Thanks for that squarespace and create do look very good. It's not a shop website, just an about us and contact us site.

GemmaTeller Sun 11-Aug-13 10:27:59

You can have one without a shop on create.

What about wordpress?

I use Moonfruit and find it really easy.

I read some bad reviews of 1&1.

m0nkeynuts Sun 11-Aug-13 16:12:09

I've never used 1&1 but, like the previous posters, I've heard plenty of bad reviews.

I use Vidahost and Unlimited Web Hosting.

Talkinpeace Mon 12-Aug-13 22:21:34

my site is on 1and1 but I pay UKSiteBuilder and he deals with them for me
it works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now