Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

Does this sound like an ok business idea?

(6 Posts)
ChippingInHopHopHop Fri 02-Aug-13 20:39:55

Can you compete with the existing kits?

Wearytiger Thu 01-Aug-13 22:15:21

Do you have to buy the stock before you get the orders? Your working capital will be much better if you can do it the other way round, albeit with slower delivery times!

Cluffyflump Wed 31-Jul-13 16:44:15

I'll bet you will be able to shift them if it doesn't work out. Even if you had to sell them for cost price.
Worst case scenario (IMHO) is that you would have spent your time, but broke even financially.
You could google to see how much similar sets are retailing at and steal ideas go from there.

hotair Wed 31-Jul-13 16:04:08

hmmm good point- I've got trade suppliers lined up and can make a website... i'm nervous of being stuck with loads of supplies if they don't sell!

Cluffyflump Wed 31-Jul-13 15:36:32

Sounds good smile
Are you not worried somone might read this and pinch your idea?

Also make sure you buy the components in bulk to get the best prices and advatise outside of eBay as well.
Maybe a local Facebook selling group and get a website made.
You can build your own website using one of those self build jobbies.

You could attend craft fairs and boot sales. Make sure you have some flyers with your website on.

hotair Wed 31-Jul-13 15:28:49

I was thinking of putting together some christmas craft kits and selling them on ebay as an easier craft option for busy mums
Some for children, with card making, colours and felts, scissors, paper chains, felt pieces for decorations, wool for pom pom decorations,a biscuit in a jar thing with a cookie cutter, snowflake decorations on shiny paper glue etc.
Some for grown -up with supplies for a cross stitch, crochet winter garland, spray paint and a bag of pine cones, a book of Christmas recipes and a simple knit scarf.

Worthwhile? The kids would retail at 16 with p and p and the grown up at 20...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now