business names!

(10 Posts)
Wearytiger Tue 30-Jul-13 18:06:22

Google them OP and see what pops up... Also check if the domain names are available (sadly that will narrow your choice a lot in my experience!)

belle1992 Tue 30-Jul-13 17:05:17

Thanks great ideas there! I like pure cake and special cakes, I like them all actually will get back to you when I've decided!

garlicagain Tue 30-Jul-13 14:08:36

OK. Good thoughts from Cooper: Pure Bakes. Good Cakes. Bliss bakery. Or something else virtuous sounding!

Paradise Cakes
Pure Cake
Cake for Everyone
Supercakes by Keziah
Cake It Easy
Special Cakes
Keziah's Free-From Cakes
The Impossible Cake
Impossibly Good Cakes

belle1992 Tue 30-Jul-13 13:09:09

see I really needed the suggestions! garlicagain- the colours are completely random! bellicious cakes? And I use natural sugar alternatives that are much lower GI and far healthier than sugar in lots of ways. Nothing artificial. And yes I they are gluten and dairy free which I've never come across myself so thought it was a great idea!

Sweet enough is good! sorry in Devonn!

Thanks flatmum I agree actually keziah's cakes is better only concern being that it will get mis-pronounced alot..

And cooper thanks I just want something that stands out from anything else to show its not just another cake company.

Wearytiger Tue 30-Jul-13 10:30:37

I like cooper's suggestions. I'm afraid bellicious sounds like belly to me which probably isn't the best association!

cooper44 Tue 30-Jul-13 08:52:18

I think all the colour references are really off putting when you are talking about foods.
I'd be far more simplistic too. Pure Bakes. Good Cakes. Bliss bakery. Or something else virtuous sounding! Good idea. A friend of a friend starting something similar. Good luck!

flatmum Tue 30-Jul-13 07:12:14

Kezzies cakes sounds a bit down market to me and doesn't reflect the health aspect. I think kesiahs cakes sounds much better if you're going down that route - beautiful unusual name btw, maybe take advantage of that?

FieryChipotle Tue 30-Jul-13 07:07:35

'Sweet Enough' would be good to sell the sugar-free side! I want a sugar-cake... I hope you are near Kent! smile

garlicagain Tue 30-Jul-13 03:21:32

What made you think of purple peach/lemon and blue cocoa? Are they specialities of yours? <mind boggles>

Bellicious is vague imo, could be anything. Kezzie's Cakes is good in that it says what you do and who you are smile

I was thinking about whether you can incorporate the idea of "free from" in your name - Freecakes might give the wrong idea?! - but am a bit curious about how you make them sugar-free. If you're using additives, it kind of takes away from the pure'n'natural idea. But they would still count as 'free from' ... look, I'm thinking on screen & tying myself in knots blush

Vegan's a big sell, isn't it? Actually, if your cakes are vegan, that means they're gluten AND dairy free, doesn't it? Did you know what an incredible niche that is?! I'm non-dairy, my mum's gluten-free, and the only cakes we can share are macaroons.

... No answers, sorry, but quite a bit of thinking aloud.

belle1992 Mon 29-Jul-13 21:51:28

I'm just starting up a cake business selling healthy cakes, sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan. Just need some advice on the name please!

My name is keziah bell

so far my ideas are, Kezzie's cakes, bellicious, purple peach, blue cocoa, purple lemon, just kinda like those really need some feedback what sounds good and will appeal to men and women who eat healthily??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now