Starting an internet business (service industry)

(6 Posts)
Putthatbookdown Thu 25-Jul-13 10:38:22

How much will it cost to get this going? (i have a free accountant which helps) But i guess it could be pricy

Well, it depends what you want really.

Do you want a webpage that is basically a Factsheet? (Ie: Rates/Contact details etc)

Or does it have to have a function of some sort? How would you market it?

Actually- what kind of service is it? There's probably someone on MN who's done it before and can advise better?

makeusawebsite Wed 31-Jul-13 11:37:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

WHarris Thu 08-Aug-13 16:36:03

Well it depends, if you want your own website then you will need:

A domain
Webhosting
Someone to make the site

Domains are like £4 for a year if it is an uncommon name
Webhosting varies and is fairly expensive
If you can learn to use something like Wordpress then making the site is doable by even a novice.

If you want your own website that people can buy things off then it will cost more.
Then there is all the financial side, if you have an accountant they will help make this a lot simpler.

HolidayMummy Sun 11-Aug-13 09:28:01

I agree with everyone above, it depends (sorry, I know that's not very helpful!)
The business side of things e.g. free accountant is the easy bit.
The hard bit is the designing, setting up, maintaining the website but most importantly is getting people to visit your website. Partly this depends on your niche market, location & target market but the internet is such a competitive world so getting a website that online users can actually find is the crucial point to an online business.
Good luck & let me know if there is anything more specific I can help with.

Helena123 Tue 13-Aug-13 17:37:58

Hello, I run my own website business and there are lots of costs to consider. Here is a list of just some of the things to consider:

Website design, domain, hosting, maintenance
Marketing and SEO (how will you get traffic, who are you aiming for)
revenue - what are you selling and how
Intellectual Property

Do you already have a business plan in mind or are you looking for that also?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now