Any one heard of Forever Living...

(9 Posts)
Grimmers87 Wed 24-Jul-13 09:09:03

Hi there!

This is my first post on here although i'm always reading the topics others post.

I wondered if anyone had heard of forever living products? Does anyone sell them and do you actually make money?

Have an opportunity to start this myself but i want to make sure it isnt a con or anything as ive never heard of it before.

Thanks Everyone!!! smile

quoteunquote Wed 24-Jul-13 09:11:57

well the pure gel is a great product, but everyone I have ever known who has tried to make money from it have been disappointed.

GW297 Fri 26-Jul-13 00:51:07

It is hard to make money from any direct selling company in my opinion. A lot of work for very little return. If it was that great/easy everyone would be doing it.

Whojamaflip Fri 26-Jul-13 00:56:26

my sil makes money with them but she sells it as a side line to her beauty therapy business so gets a lot of customers that way - and has a lot of repeat business too. She has been selling for about 5 years and enjoys it.

I will say the products are good if a bit on the pricey side.

GW297 Fri 26-Jul-13 01:16:26

People I know also tend to do direct selling as a side line alongside other jobs. My friend does Forever Living and I buy the aloe drink from her. In the past I've tried the shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, gelly and meal replacement powder drink thing. I am tempted to try the washing powder and vitamins in the future. Agree the products are expensive.

Grimmers87 Fri 26-Jul-13 21:51:43

Thanks everyone for your posts! I've been looking further into it and it def seems like its alot of hours and work for quite often little return.

bacon Tue 06-Aug-13 18:12:57

I get silly adverts on FB about how life changing, international travel, amazing income, how drinking this stuff shifts 2Ibs a day - all BS!!! - really your in essence party plan selling. Unless you like this party plan scene then dump the idea. I've been once and I wouldnt go again I was ripped off I bought two items that were very overpriced and made very little difference to my overall health. You can buy these products in the health food shop for half the price.

They also sell products that have not been endorsed or scientifically challenged by the medical profession. Its not proved.

Not sure but is it also pyramid selling??? Do you get a fee for recruiting people??? Also you have to buy stock upfront.

Not for me nor their products.

ellesbelles69 Mon 14-Oct-13 11:58:41

It is incorrect to state that you have to pay for stock up front. You do not. There are a number of ways you can order products, and whilst some choose to stock products (in my experience this tends to be salons etc rather than direct sellers) you don't have to. I certainly do not stiock products - when a customer wants to place an order I give them the link to my shop and the order is placed direct by the customer. He pays Forever direct for his order and it is delivered to his door. Neither the money not the product comes through me. My commission is paid to me by Forever direct into my bank account.

Every product comes with a 60 day money back guarantee so if the customer finds the products have not helped them in the way they hope then they get 100% of their money back. There is no risk to the customer in that respect, and this is a guarantee few companies will be brave enough to stand by.

The party plan, as it has been described, is entirely optional. It makes sense to do a product launch when you start out to show your friends/family etc what you are doing and the range of products you sell. However, I make it a point not to try to sell to friends and family - they know what I am selling and come to me for their orders. My main business is from bridal fairs, exhibiting in gyms, salons etc.

It is absolutely not pyramid selling (that is illegal in this country). this is multi-level marketing. Pyramid selling came from the bad old days when the workers at the bottom handed a joining fee up the chain - usually with no product to sell on - so chap at top got rich. In this case, the product is sold, commission is paid by the company and yes, you are rewarded for introducing new team members but you are not paid by that team member, you are paid by Forever. Huge difference.

Its not for everyone, and its absolutely true to say you get out what you put in. Many, many members of my team are now earning upwards of £5,000 per month, and qualify for car plan, travel incentives etc. Most started out earning a few hundred per month part time and have given up their full time or "main" job to concentrate on a career with Forever. The rewards are there for those who want to work for them, but it is work and anyone who tries to make out you can join and earn squillions by doing nothing is not giving the true picture.

anitat17 Sat 25-Jan-14 13:00:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now