How do you keep motivated?

(6 Posts)
GemmaTeller Wed 24-Jul-13 16:39:45

You stick to the plan because you want it to work, you want to look back and say 'see that business? I built that'

Make a list, or series of lists or gant chart and tick them off as you go along.

Be clear and confident about what you want and don't panic when you make a mistake, learn from it.

My business is going to work because I know I can make a success of it and no way am I going back to work in an office.

Thanks! Talkin you're right. I have to focus on the fact that I have to start earning some money asap.

Panad and daisy how do you STICK to the plan? It is a silly question, but I'm serious. I plan things and don't follow my own plans...

The only times I finished a project was when I was being paid for them, so I had no option!

daisydee43 Tue 23-Jul-13 20:38:25

I do something I absolutely LOVE and yes it is tough and starting a business is a big learning curve. A clear business plan is crucial. Just write down simply what you're going to do so you don't get side tracked. I make sure I only invest what I earn, not credit - not easy but worth doing - what's ur ideas?

Panadbois Tue 23-Jul-13 19:56:41

You just have to WANT it enough to do it!

make a list. Is it viable? Can you fund it? Where to start? Is there a start up agency to help you for free?
Do it tonight!!!
If its nit fir you, let it go and enjoy what you are doing now ever wandering if the grass is greener smile

Talkinpeace Tue 23-Jul-13 15:26:55

simple
I don't make money, I don't eat
DH is self employed too
some months we have nothing to live on at all
hunger is a great motivator

I've had an idea for a business. Got very excited, made a few plans. Don't have hardly any time to work on it, but have been thinking about it (and working a little).

But then in the last few days I started to have other ideas, that at first sound better or more exciting. Usually when it happens I lose interest in the original idea, convince myself it wasn't such a good plan after all, and move to the next one.

I never get to the end of any plan, which is probably the reason I never achieved a lot in my career.

I know that I have to persist, specially when things are going wrong, and have faith. But how - HOW - do you manage to keep motivated?

If I follow on my plan, I will have to put a lot of energy into it, and some money, before I get any result back. I know that's how every business works - and I know that the real entrepreneurs are the people who don't get bored/discouraged/tired and give up. I just don't know how you people do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now