Baby & children nearly new sales - ideas with promotion??

(8 Posts)
fayebell77 Sat 20-Jul-13 22:42:23

Nice ideas mewkins! I like your thinking. And m0nkeynuts - I'm glad to hear the sales you've been to are popular - I think Jack and Jill markets are based in Scotland, aren't they? www.babyjumble.com are London based and demand here also seems to also be pretty big, hence the plan. I really appreciate all the help everyone smile spread the word!!

mewkins Fri 19-Jul-13 22:03:07

If you have a good local paper (ie one that is full of local news) either a free listing or a quarter page (paid for ad)the week before could be worth considering. A couple of decent printed banners - if you have any local schools or children's centre willing to display one that would useful.
Yes leaflets and posters everywhere- supermarkets, lots of places that do any antenatal classes local shops, hairdressers, cafes etc.

Just a thought, if you offer the charity option, have you thought of which charitable group. Eg if you could offer say a church/community group some of the unbought items, could they help to promote it? Newsletter, community noticeboard etc. That way, everyone benefits.

m0nkeynuts Fri 19-Jul-13 21:54:54

Agree with above suggestions!

The only similar thing I've been to is Jack & Jill Markets. Think I heard about them first through Facebook but they have big signs up around the neighbourhood on the day of the market so you can't miss them if you're nearby.

They're massively popular - the queue goes right down the street before opening time!

fayebell77 Fri 19-Jul-13 19:52:34

Thanks for your replies.
Talkinpeace - firstly, we there is no hierarchy of members & non members at our www.babyjumble.com sales. Also, we plan to offer an optional charity leave behind service for parents who don't want to take their stuff home due to lack of space etc etc. What do you reckon?
MrsMargoLeadbetter - thanks for your ideas
Tee2072 - what do you mean by post on local? do you mean on mumsnet local?
What does everyone thing of paid advertising?

Tee2072 Fri 19-Jul-13 16:22:38

Post on local.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 19-Jul-13 16:20:06

Be everywhere! That seems to work for a similar venture around here.

Display your flyers everywhere parents-to-be/parents will see them - Doctors, local coffee shops, schools, pre-schools, playgroups, children's centres and online. And replenish stocks of leaflets, don't expect them to sit in a near pile etc.

Talk to complementary co's (eg baby swimming) to see if they'll do a contra promo - you promote them, they promote you.

Talkinpeace Fri 19-Jul-13 15:39:22

well for a start you are up against the NCT who have a national marketing budget : what is your "edge" on them?

fayebell77 Fri 19-Jul-13 11:07:55

Hello good folks - my friend and I are two new mums and starting a business to host nearly new baby sales in London - www.babyjumble.com Our first two sales are in Battersea & East Finchley in September. It is quite scary starting out and getting known - has anyone got any suggestions on how we can promote the events? Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now