Can anyone recommend any comapanies who build websites etc (THANKS)

(19 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 12-Jul-13 13:53:12

My husband is going into business and would like to have his own website built. Something that looks good but cost effective.

customers need to be able to shop on his website (is this called content management website?)

do you know any good companies who deals with leaflet and business card designs?

I know you can build your own but he would prefer to get someone to do it for him, Please feel free to give any tips or suggestion when looking for such companies.

Thanks so much smile

MrsPnut Fri 12-Jul-13 13:56:22

I'd advise him to look for websites he likes the look of and contact the company that built it. It usually has a little link at the bottom of the home page.

Feelslikea1sttimer Fri 12-Jul-13 14:01:44

My BIL has recently set up in this field of work and has some interesting contacts and sites on the go already (from what I gather from recent conversations)

The website is www.bigzoo.co.uk

Good Luck
smile

rococopops Fri 12-Jul-13 14:04:35

Yes, me wink. I'm a freelance graphic designer. I can message you with examples of my work and my web address so you can take a look.

MUM2BLESS Fri 12-Jul-13 20:12:42

Thank you everyone.

Great ideas MrsPnut

will take a look at www.bigzo.co.uk (thanks Feels...)

can you send me a link on here rococopops (is that allowed?) thanks

VivaLeBeaver Fri 12-Jul-13 20:18:19
MUM2BLESS Sat 13-Jul-13 19:32:58

Thanks VivaLeBeaver!!!

HotCrossPun Sat 13-Jul-13 19:35:01

I'm in the process of having my website built by WebCreationUK, it's an ecommerce site and is costing £1200. They have been quite good so far, quick and the first draft of the website was with me in about 3 weeks.

Parietal Sat 13-Jul-13 19:35:10

My brothers company can do this. They are behind Lookbible.com but can do other sites too. Contact them via the site.

MUM2BLESS Sat 13-Jul-13 21:04:48

Nice one HotCrossPun and Parietal. Thanks so much smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carolra Sat 13-Jul-13 22:20:18

Www.greeneyedesign.co.uk did my mum's business site. Very reasonable design and hosting costs.

Empress77 Sat 13-Jul-13 22:22:57

barn2.co.uk/ did my website and they were fantastic and really helpful, professional and efficient.

greenbrown Wed 17-Jul-13 12:16:01

For leaflet and card design you can pick up a freelancer who can do this for you on websites such as Peopleperhour or you can pick up some readily designed ones on Moo. You can also commission a design with 99designs for example for and get a PSD file and have the website coded by someone- again on freelance sites. If he does it himself it will be cost saving. There are sites such as Yola, Ekmpowershop or Wix that have ready to use shopping modules. These sites have what you see is what you get interfaces which are easy just as MS Word. If he can do it himself he can then allocate the designing budget more to something more important ie digital marketing campaigns, something really important if he is to run a successful eCommerce business such as a PPC ads with Google, SEO and Social Media Campaigns.

MUM2BLESS Wed 17-Jul-13 21:19:21

Thank you!! Hedgehogs..Carola, empress 77 and greenbrown.

Much appreciated.

makeusawebsite Tue 30-Jul-13 17:19:37

Id love to throw our name in the hat in terms of the website design. We can usually put a package together for most budgets, and our portfolio is here;

www.makeusawebsite.com/portfolio/

Regards
Adele
MakeUsAWebsite

VerlaineChasedRimbauds Tue 30-Jul-13 17:28:11

Hi makeusawebsite
You might just want to get someone to proofread your homepage...

"coroporate"

HolidayMummy Sun 11-Aug-13 09:32:06

Just a thought. You could always post your job up on a site like Elance where independent contractors bid for the job & you can chose the best one to fit your budget & requirements. It might be cheaper & other users rate everybody on Elance so you can get someone recommended by others. Also, you release no payment upfront - it is held in Escrow so that you only release payment to the contractor when you are completely happy which can remove other risks too.
I use Elance when i have something that needs to be done on my website that is too technical for me to do myself.
Oh & that's another point, if someone builds you a website, you need to know how to edit it yourself otherwise it will cost you more money every time you want to change something which can become very expensive.
Good luck

jumping on the thread! can anyone tell me how much I should be paying for this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now