How do I get work from DH's company?

(6 Posts)
Basketofchocolate Thu 11-Jul-13 22:25:05

Have sent an email. Wish me luck!

Basketofchocolate Thu 11-Jul-13 16:05:42

Do you think it's ok that I know about the work cos DH works there? Is it ok to be up front about that, do you think?

Was wondering about covering letter (email) and CV or whether asking for boss to meet up.

DH struggling to find out who responsible (part of the problem, as no one currently owns the process/issue - this is where I come in).

Is it crazy to work at the same place as DH as it's not a big company.

xmarksaspot Thu 11-Jul-13 12:21:29

Try and show the business benefit - how much more profitable will they be

Dackyduddles Thu 11-Jul-13 12:14:41

Draft something? Maybe we can help finesse it?

Dackyduddles Thu 11-Jul-13 12:13:40

Well I would ask him to find out who is responsible. Manager or hr.

Then write a cover letter and cv. In the letter explain you have heard x and you can offer y solution. Be very specific. If also have a salary (hour or year) in mind too.

Basketofchocolate Thu 11-Jul-13 12:05:31

Am looking to start working for myself doing similar to what I used to do before SAHM (not worked for almost 2 years).

Discussing this with DH and on what would be my ideal, he reckons there's work going at his company. Not as a full-time job or anything, which is perfect. It is work I can do easily and from home.

So, how do we go about asking whether they want someone to do this work? I am not sure whether it's a bit weird him recommending me - as if he's creating work for his wife. However, there is a genuine need. The company bosses may be happy to leave it as it is though and not feel/see the need or need to pay for anyone to do the work that is not getting done (company can survive without, just could be better for customers and therefore better service and more professional if done).

Basically, any suggestions on how I/we approach the situation and how do you go to someone and say 'I think I can help you with this, please pay me some lovely money for it'.

All suggestions welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now