Starting our own market?

(5 Posts)
abikay Sun 09-Jun-13 18:15:08

Hi, I am a mother/businesswoman who sells my silver handmade Jewellery online and at Portobello and Hampstead markets at the weekends. together with another two trader/mothers, one who sells her own amazing chocolate and another who sells her delicious gluten free doughballs we were wondering if there would be any interest out there for an idea we have been talking about? It would involve any mothers who make their own products (or if not make themselves then the products must be of high quality and preferably handmade) who would be interested in coming onboard with us to start a market by either hiring a space or taking over an empty shop in a great location in order to run a weekday market. It would be run by mothers and be aimed at catering for mothers within school hours. So if there is anyone out there who has a fantastic product or even a hobby that they would now like to take further and start marketing we would love to hear from you!! Either leave a message below pm me or message me at: silverhilljewellery@mail.com Many thanks!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/SilverHillJewellery

fairtradefoodie Mon 10-Jun-13 09:56:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Have you seen Handpicked Hall- it's like a co-operative for sellers, they're doing really well and have just opened a new shop in Leeds- is that the sort of idea you were thinking of? www.handpickedhall.co.uk/

vm3009 Wed 19-Jun-13 15:42:10

Hi I live in NW3 and have just started working for a brilliant new company called www.myshowcase.com. In a nutshell think Avon meets Space NK. This could be an interesting concept for me although I have 2 young children so not sure I could man it full time, but might be something I could look at to do on an adhoc basis? Would be interested to learn more.

vm3009 Wed 19-Jun-13 20:51:38

Sorry just reread this and saw your said had to be handmade! Let me know if this isnt the case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now