Want to buy a hair/beauty salon, what do I need to know?

(3 Posts)
Kendodd Wed 22-May-13 15:17:21

I am not a hair dresser but have done my beauty therapy training (although never worked as a beauty therapist). I want to buy a shop, what do I need to know?

EatenByZombies Wed 22-May-13 16:38:25

I'd say the most important thing is experience. If you've not actually worked as a therapist or hairdresser, try doing that for a while. You will be able to talk to people who have knowledge on the subject of owning somewhere, and you'll have the experience to know how to make yours work smile

It seems strange to me that you'd want to put that much money into something you have no real experience with hmm

Justine202 Sat 25-May-13 08:34:39

Would you consider going mobile? That way you'll still be able to call your own working days/hours (obviously around your bookings) but get lots of hands on experience before you make a big investment.

Another avenue might be to rent a room in a salon, there seems to be more opportunities to do this at the moment. It won't cost nearly as much, you'll probably be able to be flexible (ish) with your working times and benefit from bulk buying discounts as part of a salon.

Either way you'll also have some clients to start you off with if you do decide to open your own salon. Whatever you decide I wish you lots of luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now