am an idiot - what's a "speed interview"?

(4 Posts)
gussiegrips Sun 19-May-13 22:58:07

So, I've been plodding away with the pelvic floor party thing, and it's ticking over in a promising fashion.

Running it as a Fringe show in August, and, recently did some speaking at a midwives' conference - where I was introduced to www.entrepreneurial-spark.com, which is a start up escalator for new businesses.

Sounds almost too-good-to-be-true, no? So, free office space, free mentoring, free kick up the jacksie as required.

I've got an interview with them in a couple of weeks, and, for the first time in my life, I'm nervous. If I can get taken on by them, well, it might just work...

I have to do a 60second pitch to the group (who's ever spoken for only 60 seconds? Impossible!) and then a "speed interview with 3-4 members of the e-spark team"

What's a speed interview? I have a horrible vision of speed dating....

Anyone done a speed interview? Anyone got some tips they'd like to share? Anyone got happy stories of start-up-escalators and how they changed your life?
TIA

Otherworld Mon 20-May-13 09:36:20

Yes it'll be exactly like speed dating - you have a short period of time to get your product across. Google "Elevator Pitch" and you'll get an idea of the kind of information they're after. Practice it lots.

gussiegrips Tue 21-May-13 00:06:51

Thanks, other, that's really helpful.

Fingers crossed I manage to not balls it up - usually, I have Quite A Lot To Say For Myself...

gussiegrips Tue 21-May-13 00:48:01

Right, got a good, bang on 60 second speech covering the salient points.

Am I right in thinking that if you had a product to sell you'd take it to the pitch? I have a plastic pelvis and knitted vagina - take them to wave around and hope I stick in their mind?

"Who was that with the vagina?" Hmmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now