time out

(5 Posts)
bossmum41 Wed 15-May-13 09:15:24

thanks notyounaanbread souds good x

I want to go to a hip cafe with a cool, airy & slightly industrial interior, that does excellent coffee, made by properly trained baristas who take coffee deadly seriously.

It should have wifi, a welcoming buzzy atmosphere & room to park a stroller containing a sleeping toddler where I can see it.

I actively do not want to go to a self-defining mummy-friendly cafe (which, incidentally, alienates the entire non-mummy population), but I want my ideal cafe to have books, colouring stuff & serve free babyccino & have cheap child sized cakes/simple sandwiches, as well as grown up foods.

bossmum41 Mon 13-May-13 17:46:16

I like c great idea!!!!!
thanks for your input

lovefreelance Mon 13-May-13 17:25:57

C - a cocktail bar with a soundproof screen separating you and your children!

Seriously though I prefer B. I personally can't stand the noise, plastic-ness and smell of feet in those indoor soft play places (plus they rarely have natural light, giving them that prison exercise yard ambiance). I like places that cater for both kids and me - big comfy sofas to sink into and plenty to keep my kids happy (and quiet).

bossmum41 Mon 13-May-13 12:27:09

mum of two thinking of going alone in business wants to just see what people want. if you had time to sit(rare I know) but if you did and you had the children with you would you A- go to a playcentre with climbing frames,music blasting,kids screaming just so u could have a cuppa? or
B- go to a child friendly café with a play area for kids and sofas for mums,pots of tea and yummy food with a play area outside for those nice (again rare)sunny days. or
C - Do you want to go somewhere else if so what?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now