time out

(5 Posts)
bossmum41 Mon 13-May-13 12:27:09

mum of two thinking of going alone in business wants to just see what people want. if you had time to sit(rare I know) but if you did and you had the children with you would you A- go to a playcentre with climbing frames,music blasting,kids screaming just so u could have a cuppa? or
B- go to a child friendly café with a play area for kids and sofas for mums,pots of tea and yummy food with a play area outside for those nice (again rare)sunny days. or
C - Do you want to go somewhere else if so what?

lovefreelance Mon 13-May-13 17:25:57

C - a cocktail bar with a soundproof screen separating you and your children!

Seriously though I prefer B. I personally can't stand the noise, plastic-ness and smell of feet in those indoor soft play places (plus they rarely have natural light, giving them that prison exercise yard ambiance). I like places that cater for both kids and me - big comfy sofas to sink into and plenty to keep my kids happy (and quiet).

bossmum41 Mon 13-May-13 17:46:16

I like c great idea!!!!!
thanks for your input

I want to go to a hip cafe with a cool, airy & slightly industrial interior, that does excellent coffee, made by properly trained baristas who take coffee deadly seriously.

It should have wifi, a welcoming buzzy atmosphere & room to park a stroller containing a sleeping toddler where I can see it.

I actively do not want to go to a self-defining mummy-friendly cafe (which, incidentally, alienates the entire non-mummy population), but I want my ideal cafe to have books, colouring stuff & serve free babyccino & have cheap child sized cakes/simple sandwiches, as well as grown up foods.

bossmum41 Wed 15-May-13 09:15:24

thanks notyounaanbread souds good x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now