Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

Wish Trees. Would you hire one, and if so what would you pay?

(11 Posts)
GrimbleGrog Fri 10-May-13 19:03:01

This particular one is very pretty. It's a 7ft tall artificial willow with little gold birds and butterflies, quality cream cards with gold organza ribbons, glitzy pens and altogether poncetastic.

TIA

Rooble Fri 10-May-13 19:04:13

Probably not. What do you use them for?

GrimbleGrog Fri 10-May-13 19:05:35

Weddings, baby showers, christenings etc. It's an alternative to a guest book, I'm struggling to price it atm.

Slambang Fri 10-May-13 19:11:58

Explain, please. Why would we hire a tree for a wedding? Why is is a Wish tree? What does it do?

(If it's just a pretty ornament I'd say at a very very random guess I'd pay £20 for an event including insurance, delivery etc etc).

GrimbleGrog Fri 10-May-13 19:14:18

Sorry Slambang, I've put this in another topic too, here.

DolomitesDonkey Sat 11-May-13 13:18:50

Arf.

I love mumsnet. "Everyone" lives in the South-East with a joint income of 200k, spends 60k on a dream wedding but won't pay more than 6 shillings on "something".

OP, no, it's not for me - I can't abide that sort of stuff. However... if I were buying/renting it for someone for a special occasion I know I'm going to have to get ripped off fork out and tbh I'd expect to pay at least 100 to buy. But ignore me, I don't do ornaments.

Not my thing either, I don't see the point of a 7ft artificial hazel tree when they grow so quickly anyway.
Perhaps they'd work in civil ceremonies or something?
The problem with marketing them as an alternative to a guest book, is that people only spend £10-£20 on the guest book, so wouldn't spend much more on a wish tree.
If you had a less "poncetastic" version it might work for humanist funerals etc. as a way for people to record their memories of the deceased.
How would people keep the notes that had been written for them? Would the hire include a bag or box to keep them in?
I would suggest you should do some market research at wedding fairs to find out what is available, what people want, and what budget they have.

venusandmars Sun 19-May-13 12:08:12

Why would people hire it rather than buy one (or make it themselves). Why would you want to hire it out rather than selling it?

I'm thinking that if you can buy one for £40, why would you want to rent one?

Llareggub Sun 19-May-13 12:13:10

TBH you'd be better off flogging them to charities, conferences and trainers. If it was less poncetastic, that is. It would make a great little gimmick for the sort of events I end up at. Think beyond the cupcake bunting stuff.

Llareggub Sun 19-May-13 12:14:19

Oh. It's artificial. Why? Make it an actual living tree and you can sell the idea of having it in your garden forevermore if you did want to carry on with the wedding thing.

Where did the OP go? We need answers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now