Looking for an App developer proficient in Geo app creation

(7 Posts)
Longshaw Thu 09-May-13 12:44:38

I have 3 kids in my life I care about dearly. A 15 year old step daughter who likes to stay out later than agreed, a 5 year old step daughter who wanders off in the park and a 1 year old son whose whereabouts are unknown to me when he is with the childminder and I am at work. I have a great idea to keep track of all these little (and not so little) people and I have the marketing knowlege and the industry contacts to bring it to reality. What I need is an App developer to work with me on the prototype. Any of you Mum's or Dad's App developers and interested in hearing more? I am based in London.

ReallyTired Thu 09-May-13 12:52:33

I'm pretty certain that there are already products that do this.

www.trackingchildren.co.uk/

www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/lifestyle/04/11/13/phone-apps-tracking-children-and-family

There is a tracking app called Mama Bear

mamabearapp.com/

I hope this helps to give you an idea of the competition

Longshaw Thu 09-May-13 13:51:37

Thanks guys,
There are products that do something similar and I have researched it well but they are expensive, need subscription fees and the techology is clunky. I can't find one out there that does what I need it to do for my family in an inexpensive and simple way so I have come up with a product that if very different from anything you can get at the moment.

DolomitesDonkey Thu 09-May-13 15:56:47

Will you be serving rice and beans at the Ritz?

I think you need to again look at your costs.

I suggest you try odesk for a contractor.

lovefreelance Mon 13-May-13 05:51:38

I'm sure you've googled finding an app developer - there's loads of great advice like this: rahulvarshneya.com/how-do-i-find-an-app-developer/

My advice after finding a web developer myself is to look for someone who builds apps for bigger companies/agencies but works for themselves. You get the perfect balance of brilliant skills/lower costs.

Check out their site and see what else they have built - and do a google search on them to see what people say about them/they say on other sites.

Aside from the technical skills, you need someone you can work with. If they're difficult and uncommunicative it will make the process much more difficult! So personality is important too.

Also - get a few quotes. There can be a HUGE disparity between pricing, and expensive doesn't always mean best!

If you want any app developer contacts to get started, send me a message - a friend designs lots of apps and I'm sure she knows a few names I could pass on.

CookieDoughKid Thu 30-May-13 20:30:20

Check Google Latitude which is how I track my family. Its free app. Check the competition!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now