How to Get Started ???

(5 Posts)
MiguelMarshall Thu 16-May-13 12:40:55

I did all the research on this for a Brazilian Food buffet I had planned. I can try and fish it out from my hard drive when I get home if you like?

I remember that you have to declare that you have begun and be ready for an unannounced inspection at any time!

Your storage facilities also important...

Sillybluehat is opening a "mums' cafe", perhaps you could PM her and team up somehow. You're aiming at the same market after all.

MforMad Thu 09-May-13 08:25:22

Hi InMySpareTime,

Thank you for your reply, I do have a USP however I do not want to share it, I sure you understand ! lol I have done a lot of research and there is a gap in the market that my products would sit in. As you say a lot of people do prepare their own food, however the food I'm looking to market adds to that and also provides an alternative to the norm.

I just want to make sure that I start the best way possible.

You won't need a separate home kitchen, but it will be a lot easier for Food Standards purposes if you can keep a dedicated area just for business food preparation, and you'll need two separate sinks, one for food prep and one for hand washing.
What would be your USP? Lots of people prepare their own baby food, or buy pre-prepared from huge, well-established companies. Why should they buy your product instead?

MforMad Wed 08-May-13 18:53:14

Hello All,

I'm sure that this topic has been covered before, so apologies in advance !!

I want to start my own baby food business and would like some advice on starting it from home. I looked at all the information on the FSA website and understand the requirements, however I would like to know

1. Do I need a separate kitchen at home.
2. Where or what is a good source of information about preserving, bottling etc.
3. If I was looking for a company to manufacturer the food for me, where should I start.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now