Thinking about starting a business within real estate

(6 Posts)

I wouldn't have a partner. Find a good management accountant instead. Ideally she or he will operate as a cashflow-oriented business mentor.

WaitingForMe Sat 04-May-13 19:35:01

I'm a member of a local breakfast networking group (a small independent rather than one if the national ones) and find that gives me the best of both worlds. I have a fantastic group to bounce ideas off but the business is all mine.

quoteunquote Sat 04-May-13 17:19:55

OK, so if you are doing the letting, how are you going to organise maintenance of the properties?

I run a company which as part of it, maintains estates, the biggest issue with letting, is maintenance,

we came into this because we are a construction company, and it is a natural extension of the building and development side of things,

We have gas, electric and every other trade on hand at all times, so we are instant response team, which is why our clients choose us.

A very successful business person once said to me , when I was seeking advice when setting up this company, Why do you need a partner? I was being pressured into a partnership with someone when I was making the big leap, He rightly pointed out, you then have two people to consider rather than one,

It is good to have someone to bounce ideas off, but there are many other options, without having to resort to a partnership.

Simonberg Sat 04-May-13 16:45:03

I need a partner because I'm working all alone on this, and a lot of time i think it would be great to talk and discuss ideas, strategies and someone to help me out etc.

It's an online business, and I don't need funding. I got everything set up.

quoteunquote Sat 04-May-13 14:47:20

Why do you need a partner?

Are you thinking of being an agent letting other people property?

or are you going to be the owner?

Simonberg Sat 04-May-13 14:27:20

I'm thinking about starting my own business within lettings, but I feel like it would be much better to find a motivated business partner that I can share ideas, strategies etc with.

Where can I find like minded people for a possible collaboration? If anyone here is having the same thought please do get in touch :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now