Virtual Office With Mail Forwarding - Of Interest To WAHMs in the UK?

(7 Posts)
RegThomas Thu 02-May-13 12:46:47

I work for a virtual office provider. We're wondering if we should market more to women.

Do readers know what a virtual office is and are they something entrepreneurial women in the UK would be seeking in significant numbers?

Just trying to get a feel for the market.

Thank you.

DolomitesDonkey Fri 03-May-13 08:15:06

Reg I'm sure there would be, for the simple fact that if one adheres to the DSR (distance selling requirements - i.e., the law!) - then it's mandatory to have a physical address on the website. However, for numerous reasons people (women in particular) don't want to do this.

I'd go for selling more "mailboxes + addresses" than physical bums on seats.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 03-May-13 11:59:40

I'd agree.

A menu of commitment levels would be good. So starter level (address only) and then growing with the business (so phone answering etc).

Good luck.

brainonastick Fri 03-May-13 12:03:12

What like Regus offers?

Tee2072 Fri 03-May-13 12:30:57

I used to work for an organisation that did this (among other things) and almost no one who used us as an address also wanted mail forwarding. They'd rather pop in and collect it themselves.

So perhaps just offering an address.

INeedThatForkOff Mon 06-May-13 17:55:50

I would be interested in an address.

NatashaBee Thu 16-May-13 11:18:59

I would definitely be interested in an address, I live overseas. There seems to be only one mail forwarding company (my-UK-mail.co.uk) and they're ok, but not wonderful. You could drum up business via sites like Britishexpats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now