Business in mind! need some help!

(6 Posts)
niniminnie Thu 02-May-13 11:59:22

Hi, ive got a business idea in my head but i dont know how to go about it where to even start. it's one that i can work from home.
I've tried mutliple websites about what type of business i should run and it didnt really help me at all!!
Im set on what i should do, here are some questions that need answering:
What paper work do i need?
Do i need paper work for the customer/s?
How do i start making plans for it?
What should i consider?
what i shouldnt consider?
What should i call it, that will catch the customer/s attention?
how do i get the word after ive place everything together?

The list is pretty much endless ready.
Its basically a design business but everything is personal.

Here are some links from Google that may be helpful: setting up business

Top tips for starting a business

The inland revenue

Other than that, you dont give enough info to advise.

If you don't want to give more info publicly, you can PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

lovefreelance Thu 09-May-13 05:25:25

What helped me when starting a business was writing a business plan (even though I didn't need one to show anyone else). It gave me a structure to think about my business, how it would work and what it needed. It also showed me where the holes in my thinking were, giving me the chance to find solutions for them when the business was still a concept.

When you have the overall structure of your business clear in your mind, you can then mine down to the finer details of what you need to achieve everything.

I used the HSBC business plan template but there are lots of good, free ones out there.

Mondrian Thu 09-May-13 06:20:01

If you don't know where to start then its probably best not to start your own business just yet. 50% of all start-ups fail within the first year, 80% within 3 and 90-95% within the first 5 years. No doubt all those who failed thought they can go against the flow and beat the odds. Don't mean to demoralise you, just laying down the facts so that you can make a risk calculation in your assessment.

IWishIWasSheRa Fri 10-May-13 13:40:19

I launched today and had the same questions as you. Pm me and I'll give you a call if you want a sounding board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now