Had a thought - please tell me yours.

(6 Posts)

A friend of mine finds it difficult to buy presents for her relatives to be paid for in GBP and delivered to an Australian address.
Perhaps that's a gap in the market you could fill...

lill72 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:02:55

izzywotnot thank you for your suggestion - it is a very interesting one and one well worth considering. Hmmm, just have to work out which brands would work in Oz and what the don't have. Which is all doable. Hmmm, thank you - very very interesting...

izzywotnot Sun 28-Apr-13 09:20:17

I would be thinking the other way - if kids clothes are expensive in Australia how about setting up a website to sell clothes from here to mums in Australia. Even with shipping/postage you could probably make a good margin. And a website means you can set up anywhere and use the Australian sites to promote your business.

I know it's not what you're asking, but from a business perspective just makes more sense to me ;)

lill72 Tue 23-Apr-13 19:04:15

Yes I do agree with you that they are expensive - I would look at getting the most unique brands with styles and designs that you can't get here. I guess I would try and have uniqueness and difference as a reason to possibly pay more. I have recently been working to launch an Australian kids brand into the UK which is expensive as it is organic, and it so far seems to have been popular. I would be looking at clothes in the higher end market, I guess competing with other higher end market products.

Interesting you mention broad-brimmed hats - I just assumed you can get them here. thanks for your comments

How would you compete on price/quality? My perception of Australian clothes is that they're expensive.
I like the broad-brimmed hats for school children, they are a good thing.

lill72 Mon 22-Apr-13 15:15:18

Hi,
I was thinking of starting an online clothing business, selling popular Australian kids clothing labels in the UK. I may even branch into womens also.

I am just wondering - is this something the Aussie mums would be interested in?

Is this something UK mums would be interested in buying? There is quite a different style of clothing available in Australia to the UK - so think there would be lots of different things to buy that you couldn't find here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now