Questions about starting your own business?

(6 Posts)
Talkinpeace Tue 23-Apr-13 21:34:41

Mumpreneurs

gosh I hate that word
I'm a professional who happens not to have a willie
and happens to have children

most FTSE100 directors are dadrepeneurs : they fit their familiies around their lives - just they give no quarter

INESSENCEcoachALEX Tue 23-Apr-13 21:29:36

I agree that clarity of vision, goals and a smart and strategic action plan are all important. Contacts are fundamental too (although you will forever be building on this).

Most of the Mumpreneurs that I coach face challenges with overwhelm because running a business involves multiple projects just as running a home does. And another major challenge is a fearful relationship with money.

With these combined, it is easy for Mumpreneurs to slip into a state of doubt, self-judgement, etc...

While I help them with the business vision, action plan, tools, strategies etc... equal energy and time is spent supporting their clarity of mind, self-confidence and self-care.

Smart and strategic business start-up and growth requires clarity of mind, confidence - a strong and unwavering belief that THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

I hope this is helpful.

Talkinpeace Mon 22-Apr-13 22:31:29

I never had a business plan - I just had an excellent contacts book :-)

Esmeeeeee Sat 20-Apr-13 10:49:25

For me, the scariest thing was the uncertainty - not know if the money is going to start/keep coming in can be really stressful, particularly when you have others relying on you.

It takes so much time and an unbelievable amount of effort to succeed, but I've never known a greater sense of achievement.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 18-Apr-13 17:52:46

I'm a great believer in writing out a business plan with any new business. Do the research and the financial plan and everything else will fall into place.
Sorry it's difficult to be more specific as I don't know the details of the business. Each business will have its own concerns, highs and lows.

CorporateCrossover Thu 18-Apr-13 13:22:37

I know that starting your own business is full of highs and lows, and I'd love to know what are the concerns to think about when we start up. Thanks so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now