Advice for starting own business (thank you)

(5 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Mon 22-Apr-13 18:56:52

Husband is a skilled head chef with over 20 yrs experience. Want to do his own business in catering.

Thank you for your comments. Will try the link Corpcross.

Really appreciate your replies.

Corpcross Thu 18-Apr-13 12:56:02

Hi, did you know Mumsnet Academy is running a "Start Your Own Business" course? It's virtual so you can do it from your own home....in your time! It's here
www.mumsnet.com/academy/course/72-online-course-start-your-own-business

TheFallenNinja Thu 18-Apr-13 08:22:55

What's your business? I'm just in my first few months of trading and its all still pretty fresh in my mind.

I didn't. Mostly because unless somebody is giving you a £1m start-up capital, you will have plenty of time to learn as you go because you will learn each new skill as you go. Sales and branding are just as important as business knowledge, so it isn't even is as if one year long course will cover all your needs - it varies so wildly from industry to industry.

There are plenty of websites offering business-startup advice and even one-to-one day-long crash courses in getting yourself up and running. What's your industry? I know of quite a few resources in my own industry that I can share.

MUM2BLESS Sat 13-Apr-13 14:25:46

Has anyone taken a business course whether short or long before going into business?

Can you recommend any business courses if online? or is it better attend an actual course.

Thanks for your time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now