New Business Name

(13 Posts)
bluetortoise Thu 18-Apr-13 22:51:05

Hi NYNB, thank you so much for your tips, they are very good points and a great idea to give the information about how to pronounce it. I was worried about that but I can see a few ways around it now, so thanks for your feedback smile I am really happy to be getting some feedback here grin

Avoid anything that seems even remotely romantic or, as CandlestockOlder says, airy fairy.

I like Para Voce. In your "About" page you can have how the name came about and how to pronounce it. Even a video of you talking about the business in which you say it very clearly. In your press release state explicitly how to pronounce it.

bluetortoise Sun 14-Apr-13 22:05:53

I think that's a very good idea Candle. I have just had another suggestion from a dear friend that I really like. I will be thinking about it and doing some brainstorming too and see what happens... Thank you all very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it smile

CandlestickOlder Sun 14-Apr-13 00:31:01

Think about brands you like or other people like. They are probably single, strong names. Not airy fairy or 'crazy'. Do loads of brainstorming and just write everything down.

bluetortoise Sun 14-Apr-13 00:19:35

That's is one of the things I am a bit apprehensive about Candlestick. And I wonder how much having a name people doesn't know how to pronounce would affect the business... I am finding this a hard process. To help matters further I had a dream about a name last night... but totally random one confused

CandlestickOlder Sun 14-Apr-13 00:13:57

Para voce but wouldn't know how to pronounce it!

Whatever name you go with check you can buy the .com!

bluetortoise Sat 13-Apr-13 23:59:52

Wow, thanks for your help everyone, so far 'para voce' seems to be winning. I quite like 'Faraway Finds' SpareTime, thank you so much for taking the time to think about it and coming up with ideas... Let's see if we can get more contributions. Choosing a name is such a huge decision ...

Episode Sat 13-Apr-13 21:34:55

Another vote for 'para voce'

Out of those two, probably "para voce".
I'm thinking perhaps something like "Transatlantic Treasure" or
"Faraway Finds", conjuring up images of things from exotic lands, tales of adventure and the scent of exotic spices.

bluetortoise Fri 12-Apr-13 20:03:47

Hi there, I would love if anyone else would make a comment... anyone???

bluetortoise Fri 12-Apr-13 00:26:10

Thanks for your feedback Assam, greatly appreciated. In Portuguese it means: 'To You' or 'For You'...

AssamAndDarjeeling Thu 11-Apr-13 23:34:03

Para voce sounds nicer to me. No particular reason, it just does.

What do they mean in Portuguese?

bluetortoise Thu 11-Apr-13 22:08:54

I'm in the process of starting up a new business. It's going to be an online boutique, selling a range of interesting and original things, targeted at professional women. I'm from Brazil, and a number of the products are likely to be sourced from there, so it would be nice to have a name that takes that into account as well. I currently have two suggestions:

Para Voce

and

Criativa

I'd be interested in what you think of them and which you prefer. Also, if anyone has any inspiring suggestions for names, please let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now