Starting my own Cleaning Business-Scared about finances.

(3 Posts)
SEWannabe Sun 07-Apr-13 16:16:23

Thanks Rattitude, I'll have a look on her thread.

Rattitude Sun 07-Apr-13 16:14:21

mmmm... No specific advice regarding your situation here. However, there is a regular poster KatyThe CleaningLady who has set up her own cleaning business and seems to be managing it very well.

You may want to approach her for specific advice. She has started this recent thread.

Best wishes!

SEWannabe Sun 07-Apr-13 16:08:19

Hello everyone. I joined Mumsnet this afternoon, specifically to get some advice from anyone who has set up as a sole trader.

I am a single mum with 2 children, and since leaving university last year, I am unable to find a full time job, or full time childcare.
I live in a rural area, and there is no wrap around care at the local school, and all childminders have at least a 6 month waiting list.

So, I am fed up of 'signing on' at the JC and have decided to try setting up my own cleaning business.
The one thing that is stopping me is fear. I don't know if I'll earn enough to keep us going!
I have worked out that with all bills, food costs etc., need to have about £1400 a month coming in.

But I wont be able to get 16 clients from day 1, so I wont be able to get WTC straight way, and what will happen to paying my rent in the very early stages while I get enough clients?

I really need to make this work, so can anyone give me some advice please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now