Advice greatly appreciated....

(10 Posts)
evertheoptimist09 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:27:48

i intend to open a tutorial agency in West London with a slight difference. It would have a high street presence offering face-to-face tuition, online tuition, exam preparation for 7+, 11+, and a homework club. We would also offer SEN advice/assessment and dyslexia tuition. All provided by qualified, crb checked teachers. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

RKnight Mon 01-Apr-13 02:46:21

Sounds great to me.

evertheoptimist09 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:33:07

Thank you smile

Milzy Mon 01-Apr-13 13:37:48

You're in a great location with millions of people within 5 miles around - which is a great start. As a agent you'd have to think hard about how much the tutors need representation - after all they have the web and forums like mumsnet. If you're opening an after school club my hunch is that would work better - especially where you are.

evertheoptimist09 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:34:01

I take your point but I would be carrying the risk and covering the outlay in advertising etc. In addition, some tutors prefer not to travel to various locations or give out their personal address, here they could opt to teach in the centre.

redandwhitesprinkles Mon 01-Apr-13 17:22:07

Could I be one of your tutors?

evertheoptimist09 Mon 01-Apr-13 17:45:36

Thank you for your interest. I have a brilliant core of teachers able to teach across the key stages offering a variety of subjects. However, I am always keen to hear from dedicated teachers and as soon as the website is up and running I will be able to accept applications from tutors. I will put in an ad in the classified section of mumsnet and there will be ads in the TES and Eteach.

SamanthaBarnesArtypops Tue 02-Apr-13 22:45:08

Best of luck - chop chop chop your overheads all that you can, right from the get go! Am sure you are going to do brilliantly!

evertheoptimist09 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:44:01

Thank you for your good wishes...will strive to give the best service so hopefully that will be appreciated. The overheads are a concern but as we intend to have a high street presence, we can't avoid them and we know that they will be inflated.

Summer115 Tue 09-Apr-13 02:04:08

Good luck. Hope you can make it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now