Party Entertainers Comparison Website?

(5 Posts)
ScrappilyEverAfter Mon 25-Mar-13 16:46:15

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice. I recently left a charity where my main role was to co-ordinate parties for children's wards in hospitals and hospices. As a result, I have really good knowledge of party entertainers across the country.

I have been thinking about putting this knowledge to use and creating a comparison website, where parents can find all the entertainers in their area and read reviews others have left about their experiences. Plus it will also have entertainers who do parties that are a bit different, like build a bear parties, puzzle parties and dance workshops.

I know there are a couple of websites already that have entertainers across the UK but none have reviews from people who have used them, or enable you to search by specialty, such as balloon modelling, fairy party, giant games etc. or by price.They all just seem to be one long list - not very helpful in choosing between different entertainers.

I was just wondering if you thought this was a good idea and worth pursuing?

All thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bianca

If you do, how would it make money?
I do storytelling parties, and have not yet paid for advertising, yet get plenty of word-of-mouth bookings.

nannynick Tue 26-Mar-13 23:01:54

So bit like CheckATrade but for party entertainers. Revenue, how? Charging the entertainers, commission on referals? How to check reviews genuine & how to let entertainer respond to poor reviews. Things to think about.

Episode Thu 28-Mar-13 10:14:49

As with all comparison sites bad reviews etc are part and parcel! If there is no conprehensive competition this to me sounds like a good idea! Naturally you should focus on getting your site in the first few months to the top of search engines and embark on an on and offline marketing strategy for yourself. Once/if in this position you have something tangible to persuade the market to operate through you (consumers & entertainers). Look to other comparison sites across different industries to see how they generate revenue in the first instance! Don't be put off by all the potential eventualities! Price comparison sites are hugely successful for a reason!

ScrappilyEverAfter Wed 03-Apr-13 16:30:55

Thanks all for your help, much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now