Do you think there is a market for a KS1 Maths ipad app?

(5 Posts)
MrsJamin Wed 20-Mar-13 14:16:19

Go for it, I would get one. Just make sure there's a free app with a few levels which lets you get an idea of the quality and scope of the app, then if it is a really big app perhaps split it up into separate apps rather than have a really large price. The toca boca method of app pricing works very well if you have a good quality product. Lots of apps, some free, none too expensive.

willyoulistentome Wed 20-Mar-13 13:56:58

Yes - If I found something like that I'd go for it - KS2 too.

GettingGoing Wed 20-Mar-13 13:55:39

I think KipMcGrath may have already launched something similar

WowOoo Fri 15-Mar-13 10:54:16

I haven't found one that has everything in it.
I'd say there was a market for it.

There are certainly gaps in the curriculum for the year group my son is in.

But, I have found other free resources online or made them up myself to go over these things.

So, I'd only want to pay if they were as good or better than Letts/Carol Vorderman and other workbooks.

There are also loads of sites like Eduaction City and Mathletics that cover whole curriculum. Hmm.

Have to do some actual work now.But good luck. Great idea!

eatsleeppoop Fri 15-Mar-13 10:37:04

I was wondering if people think there is a market for a iPad app (or apps) covering the Key Stage 1 Maths curriculum?

I am aware there are lots of maths great apps out there already. Lots are game based, and I was wondering if there was a market instead for one that was more like an educational workbook (Letts etc that you see piles of in WHSmiths)?

I have downloaded a few apps for my children, which help with a few different aspects of maths, but haven't found a really comprehensive app that I feels covers the curriculum, if anyone has please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now