Business Loans? Where to go?

(4 Posts)
AdiVic Thu 14-Mar-13 07:37:11

Hello

I am thinking of starting a business, as we need the money, and the jobs I could apply for do not pay enough to cover nursery fees. I used to have a good job in sales, but the amount of travel, plus long hours means it would be difficult to go back into with a 3yo, and 8mo.

We are struggling financially and I need to do something. I have a good idea, have done research etc and it is a viable idea. The outlay would be approx 15k.

I went into Barclays the other day as they used to do a really good business plan booklet, and back in the day, you used to be able to go into the branch and meet with and discuss your idea with a business loan account manager, but apparently no more! You can apply for loan over the phone.

As I am not working, I am concerned I would not be an ideal candidate for a loan.

Any ideas where to go? Any experiences, positive or negative?

Any help would be really appreciated

Kind regards

Adrienne

Episode Thu 14-Mar-13 20:26:41

I'd google start up government loan schemes or entrepreneural loans!

This company seem to be pretty easy www.rockstaryouth.co.uk but they are for the under 30's! There seem to be a few like this out there at the moment though.

MrsIgglePiggle Fri 22-Mar-13 20:12:38

Hi, try the Fredericks Foundation. Though I think they only lend around £5,000.

JonesH Mon 22-Apr-13 14:03:30

I've only just noticed this thread but i can recommend either Capiota or United Kapital for business loans

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now