Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

HR advice/Consultancy recommendations please?

(4 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 07-Feb-13 12:55:41

Fab!

Thank you. I posted this there too and have been in touch with Flowery so thank you.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 07-Feb-13 04:44:11

Hello

If you have ever been on the employment issues board you might have seen a v helpful poster called flowery, she gives loads of great HR advice, so you could try her - www.face2facehr.com She looks like she is aimed at SME businesses. I haven't used her for my business though (sole trader, as yet no need).

When I was employed we used http://www.elliswhittam.com/ however that was for a £2m t/o company, so they might not be in your price range. We did look at RBS when choosing a supplier but went for Ellis Whittam as they were smaller/felt more personal. We also recommended them to our members and heard good feedback.

I am also aware of http://www.rootshr.org.uk/ in the charity sector, but you might want somebody that is more experienced re the commercial world.

Good luck. I have always found that HR support is invaluable.

Hi
DH & I run a small but growing business and we are looking to get some on-going HR support. Thanks to a brilliant recommendation from a lovely MNer I am looking at using some sort of HR advice/consulting service. It appears they may not be out of price range.

So have any of you business owners (or others) used an HR service before and can you recommend any. If so why are they good. Or why would you avoid them. Have had RBS Mentor HR recommended - any other experiences please?

Thank you in advance and thank you to LoneCatWithKitten too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now