Bloody hell if you were down trodden before, do not work for these guys.

(7 Posts)
MmeLindor Fri 01-Feb-13 00:02:07

It is very badly written, and could be summarised by

'Here at First Cleaning Solutions we endeavour to provide first class service to our customers, and expect our staff to be punctual and professional in their dealings with our clients'.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that, but if I were a prospective client, I would worry that they have issues getting reliable staff. The terrible writing would also put me off tbh.

My sister waited in on her one cherished day off recently for a new cleaner.
Cleaner didn't turn up, so a day wasted and she spent her evening doing the cleaning herself

It is bloody annoying if they not turn up

Just because some idiot once did that does not mean they should get off on the wrong foot with new employees by suggesting they might too be idiots.

I have seen ads like this before. Who would possibly want to work for someone like that?

MyNewVenture Thu 31-Jan-13 23:48:55

I'm afraid I wouldn't want my cleaner (if I had one) not showing up for those reasons either.

DolomitesDonkey Wed 30-Jan-13 12:37:30

Why is it a bad thing to weed out the "non-committed"? I'm afraid I don't see your point.

Yes, it's written badly - but I see the sense. Imagine if YOU were the boss and you have a commitment to a client and your employee doesn't show up, doesn't phone you, doesn't answer their phone and then finally says "yeh well bovvered forgot innit".

My favourite part was "waste timer", brought to mind someone sitting outside a toilet cubicle with a stopwatchgrin

BoysWillGrow Tue 29-Jan-13 18:42:32

So I'm setting up a cleaning business and whilst being nosey and checking out the competition research I read this on a websites vacancy section

Due the nature of the job, especially in domestic cleaning, you'll need to have high standards, be honest and above all, you have to be completely reliable.

Cases like “no shows-up” at appointed interview with the client, “I’ve changed my mind”, “I couldn’t be there as I missed my last bus”, “I couldn’t be there as I had to stay with my kids”, “I couldn’t call as I haven’t credit on my phone”, “I forgot I have appointment with my Doctor/GP/Dentist”, “I forgot I have a course/class/seminar at that time”, or any other foolish and childish excuses are NOT ACCEPTABLE and it is not part of a professional cleaner profile.

If you feel you will fall under these situations, please DO NOT consider to proceed furthermore in being part of our team as it will be a waste of precious time and money for us, First Cleaning Solutions, for client, and, nonetheless, for you. At the same time we understand the emergencies situations, but we cannot accept any lack of common sense or any behaviour which may be construed as being troublemaker and waste timer.

If that's what they say upfront before you get the job, I dread to think the feeling amongst the staff working for these guys is like. Is it just me or do people really just advertise like this now to weed out the non committed? I used to be a housekeeper and sometimes the moral was bloody awful. The thought of sometimes going into work when your boss treats you like shit was enough to make you ill. IMO I feel they wouldn't advertise like this if it was any other type of job other than cleaners.

Sorry for the long post, just felt a bit sad and pissed off at this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now